Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Did you read your Bible today?
Last night I read a book by Bill Hybels, Walk Across the Room. He was my Pastor for the year I attended Willow Creek in Chicago. I worked with him in Guest Central after the services. David had many talks with him about planting the church here in Wilmington. I guess I should tell you that is why we are here in NC. Some families from NY, including my neice Noele and her husband, are planting a church here with the help of the district up in NY. I am here as chief babysitter for Dawson.
Anyway, the book was good. And easy read. Talked about evangelism and how we need to "walk across the room" to reach others. It's all about relationships. I loved when he said he's a "seed planting fool". That's what I want to be. We don't always get to see the harvest but we can all plant.

No comments: