Friday, October 10, 2008

I can't ask today...I forgot.
Yesterday I caught myself telling "not the complete truth". I fought my conscience saying it wasn't totalling untrue. Just a short version that was basically the same but not. The total truth would have taken alot of explaining etc. The short version was quick and easy. Later, I said well, I should tell God I'm sorry and I started to...but I decided I wasn't really sorry. What's the big deal? It didn't bother me or the other person and ..and...and. So I tried to see what I had done through Gods eyes. OK. I didn't kill anyone. I know people say one sin is as bad as another but really, oh yeah, God said that. Crazy. But if He sees my "not the complete truth" as seriously as a murder...If that were my only sin..ever...it would be enough to keep me from Heaven. Wow. Just for that? God is so perfect that a sin is a sin not matter what the sin. For my silly little "not the complete truth" Jesus would have had to die for me so I could go to Heaven! This is much more personal than ssaying Jesus died for the sins of the world. He died for my "not the complete truth", for my fib, for my little white lie, my omission, for my LIE. My SIN. Call it what it was..a SIN. Wow. We need to hold up what we do against God's perfect standard and not that of the world. Believe me, I repented as fast as I could and pray that He will continue to show me my actions for what the really are. Thank you Lord.

No comments: