Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Have you read your Bible today?
After my last post, I began to think about the people who "walked across the room" for me. I would say the first was Rev Louis Hausele from Haskinville Wesleyan Church. I was going to be married in the Wesleyan church (the Aldermans home church) but as I had been divorced, I was told that I could not be married "upstairs". So the night before the wedding, we were setting up chairs in the basement and arranging everything. Rev. Hausele came over and asked me why we wanted to get married in the basement. I was embarassed, assuming he knew, but I told him it was because I been married and divorced. His reaction was....so? Next think I knew we were going up the stairs into the sanctuary. Many times over the years I wondered what would have happened if he had not "accepted" me "upstairs". More than likely I would never have felt welcome there and not have gone there for church. Maybe I would never have been saved or at least not as quickly as I was....4 months after the wedding. Rev. Hausele led me to the Lord and his wife, Joyce, led my first ever Bible Study on Romans. The Hausele family has remained close to me....I am especially fond of them.

2 comments:

Isaac M. Alderman said...

that's a good story. I've never heard that one.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know any of that. It's amazing to me the shame we heap on ourselves assuming everyone else thinks or feels the same way. We can be our own worst enemy at times.